Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

Nautical Navy & New Online Purchases!

I absolutely LOVE navy. Every time, I'm always attracted to it, and I have to force myself to stop buying navy things. These photos were taken a couple of weeks ago, and in the mean time I have managed to (freely - yay Mum!) acquire another silk scarf that goes even better with this outfit! But....

 Tshirt: Temt, size XS

Cardigan: Abercrombie & Fitch from General Issue, size XS

Jeans: Levi's from Onehunga Dressmart - these are my super skinny jeans - I can always tell if I've gained weight when I wear these! They are in a size 6, and the style is 831 - Extreme Skinny. After I bought these, I've never seen another pair like these (although I must I haven't looked very hard).
I love them because despite being a bit long, they were the first pair of jeans that actually fit me in all the right places! And have continued to do seeing as they are good quality!

For anyone that lives in the Auckland area, Dressmart in Onehunga has a Levi's Outlet store, and they are often having really good specials, so if you want some cheap(er) Levi's head over there! (And it's often the small sizes that are left over if you are little like me!)

Shoes: The first picture was what I would have LIKED to wear with this outfit ideally. However, uni and hills meant it was just not meant to be.  I really have no idea how people manage to wear heels to uni! I couldn't manage it!! (However, they are Sz5 from... Either Wild Pair or.... somewhere which escapes my memory!)

The second picture is what I ended up wearing on my feet that day - reliable Chuck Taylors, again from Dressmart Outlet.






Here are the boots from the first photo closer up. I bought these a couple of years ago, but find it hard to style them with anything as my jeans are always too long, and I don't wear leggings very much. I also have a personal thing against wearing an all black outfit with brown shoes - any opinions on how to wear these? Would very much appreciate it as I think they're super cute but just can't find any way to wear them!

On another note... My online purchases just arrived!! Yay!! Here they are in photo: (Excuse Iphone photos)
Pants: Dorothy Perkins Petite Black Trousers, size 4. They are a perfect fit on me! Right now they are only available in size 4, 12, and 14 (note these are UK sizes - same as NZ), for 12 pounds + shipping, which came to about $36NZD for me. I found an additional 15% off coupon by googling as well, so that helped too! The quality is a little cheaper than I expected (polyester/cotton/elastane blend) but the silhouette is nice so I don't mind. I really wanted a nice pair of pants that I could wear out that weren't jeans, and these fit the bill. The only thing I noticed is that I will DEFINITELY have to wear seamless underwear with these - otherwise I will be risking serious VPL!

Dorothy Perkins is a UK site, but the reason I came across it is it offers discount to students (only on non-discounted things I think though).
If you are a university student, you can join UNIDAYS, which shows websites that have signed up to give discounts to students (although there are probably a lot more not listed here), but it's where I found the Dorothy Perkins site, and some others.
ASOS is a great site that has amazing deals (and petite sizes down to UK size 4) that offer free shipping worldwide - and 10% discount for students! It also does men's clothing so if you are looking for something for a boyfriend or brother, it's available there too!


 But... These were my big splurge! They are Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps in Sweet Biscotti, from the international site. I did get them on a promotion that included free shipping (which would have been $65!) so if you can maybe look online for some extra international codes. And for any American reader, you are so lucky to have so much choice in clothing/promotions!

Mine are a size 5.5 US, because their sizing chart suggested that the 5 might have been too small. But oh my, these shoes are AMAZING. They have a heel height of 8.25cm (3 1/4 inches) but don't feel in the least bit high! (Side note: You have no IDEA how many times when looking for shoes, or for that matter, clothing in general, I have to google inches-cm conversion! Why must people only list things in inches??) They are soft and cushy on the inside, and the leather inside feels as if its caressing your foot! I'm in love! If only I could afford them in every colour...

I did buy these as an investment piece, in the hope that they will last me until when I need to do job interviews! I had been looking online and in stores for a nude pair for aaaages with no luck until I found these. I would suggest however, that these suit a pale, yellow-toned skintone. I am not very tan at all, but these are slightly lighter than my skintone, and online I noticed some people commenting that they were too yellow. However, that's a bonus for Asian skin! If you're in America you have no excuse not to get yourself into a pair of these!
Note: I have noticed that online the size 5 and 5 1/2 seems to be sold out, but they still had them in black last time I checked.

Since I started this blog, I haven't had any feedback so far, so... If anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to leave me some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment