Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Cosy autumn: A more 'art student' look

When I came out dressed like this my flatmate remarked that I no longer looked like a law student, but more like an arts student. Either way, I think this is a cute look that suits the autumn/winter weather, in tones and in warmth!
Top: Plain round neck from Supre (xxs); Scarf: Knitted by me; Vest: Dotti (xs); Skirt: Glassons (6); Tights: Glassons; Boots: Ebay, (5)
Hat: Glassons



I've found that I have a LOT of plain tops, in t-shirt and long-sleeve form. It means they are versatile, but they can also become very boring when paired with other things that are also plain. Items like vests and scarves are an easy way (whilst adding layers and warmth) to spice up a plain outfit.

As seen in the second photo, I also added a hat to the outfit. Although it didn't necessarily go with the other colours there, it kept my head warm on the walk to uni!

Another easy touch that made the outfit a little different was wearing socks over the tights. This is a common look in Wellington that can look quite cute. I really liked the grey tone of the socks over the red tights, peeping out over my boots! (And, in case you haven't got it already, adds warmth!) The photo doesn't really capture it that well but it was too cold to be standing out there for long (and I was running late for class)

I've just ordered this dress from ASOS: Will post about it when it arrives. It was too cute to resist! (And on sale too!) Plus, it has layering potential. 

I've also noticed that ASOS now does a UK size 2 in their petite range, which is a bonus for all you petites! Unfortunately there isn't much of a range in that size yet, but there are options available for those smaller than a 4!

On another note: Does anyone have recommendations of a brand that makes boots that are known to fit slim calves? I'm having a lot of trouble!


No comments:

Post a Comment