Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Classics: Chanel, bows, and full skirts

I stumbled across a vintage Chanel scarf when I was visiting home in the holidays, and instantly fell in love. It is similar to the thrifted scarf I already own, but slightly darker toned.

I'm not sure of it's authenticity, but I love it nonetheless. My Mum thinks it has come from my grandmother, who would really only buy the real thing! 


Cardigan: XS (Abercrombie & Fitch);  Plain cream 3/4 sleeve top: XXS, Supre (I'm pretty sure they sell these all year round!); Belt and scarf, both inherited from family; Corduroy Skirt (Khaki): Size 6 (Glassons); Shoes: Size 5 (The Warehouse)



I love full skirts! I have at least 3, not including the dresses I own that have full skirts also. They always seem very feminine and can be very versatile. My go-to outfit is a full skirt with a tshirt/blouse tucked in, that can have tights and layers added as necessary.

It's getting so cold in Wellington already! The cold makes me so uninspired to wear nice clothing as I just want to pile on the layers! (As I'm writing this, I am wearing 4 layers of tops!) Any tips on what type of clothes to wear in the winter that are still stylish?

Also, any ideas on how to wear silk scarves? I have tried a couple of different styles but they always end up looking either too bulky, or I sacrifice the look of the pattern (which has happened in this case). Can someone suggest to me a way to style these scarves that allows their true beauty to be shown??

No comments:

Post a Comment