Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Classy Skater Dress

Glassons often have very good deals, especially as they have new products coming in all the time. So, they need to get rid of anything that isn't new anymore! They also offer free shipping of any purchase within NZ.

I am a fan of practically all skater dresses. I just feel that they are so flattering and feminine, and can be worn in so many different ways. This one that I found at Glassons was only $15 (still available, check link below) and can be dressed up or down.

Paired with pearls, nude heels and a simple belt, this is an easy but elegant look for a special occasion  The bonus is that the fabric is stretchy, so you don't even have to worry about overeating and feeling uncomfortable in your dress (as long as your belt isn't too tight!)

This is it dressed up for a birthday! (Apologies for the awkward cropping, someone didn't want to be featured in their socks!)
Burnt orange skater dress, size 6, $15; Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps, in 'Sweet Biscotti', size 5.5
And featured here in a formal casual look for colder weather.

Target Children's blazer, sz 10; Skater dress (above); Alphabet Tights by House of Holland (this brand is stocked at Farmers, although these were a gift sent from the UK; Faux Suede wedges from Rubi Shoes (similar here).



On another note, as seen in these pictures, I have curled my hair. I bought this Remington Pro Big Curl curler (purchased from Farmers during a sale for $35, RRP $59.99), although it was in a slightly different box. This is readily available in many other stores, and online as well. 



Features include:

  • 38mm (approximately 1.5") barrel - this was the feature I wanted most, as my previous curler was a gift and it was very thin, and tended to give ringlets rather than waves. 
  • Ceramic coated - protects hair a little!
  • Changeable heat settings BUT they are on a dial with no markings, so it is unclear as to what setting you are actually on. It's not much of an issue for me because I have quite thick, long hair so I crank it up all the way.
  • Automatic safety shut off (gives you peace of mind that your house won't catch on fire because of your curler!)
  • Light clearly displaying when curler is ready to use (takes about 30s to a minute to heat up to full temperature - 210 degrees)
After watching some videos on Youtube, I thought it seemed easy enough to style my hair with it quickly! Buuut I have found that even if my curls are looking lovely when I do them, within about an hour they are already almost gone. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep curls staying all day (without caking hair together with hairspray)? 


No comments:

Post a Comment