Pages

Saturday 4 May 2013

Student Life: Travelling with carry-on

I am originally from the Auckland area. When I go home, I tend to be quite cheap about my airfares and often don't book a checked bag. On Jetstar, you are allowed a 10kg limit for carryon, but AirNZ only allows 7kg. So... Usually my issue is trying to get as many outfits as possible under the 7kg limit! I've started to plan outfits before I go now, instead of just randomly throwing clothes I think I might wear into the bag then realise later I have nothing to wear with it!

This is what I took on my first trip home about a month ago now: (It's taken me this long to get the photos!)
I will admit, I did also wear some of the clothes I had left at home to supplement these items. However, that was because I had not anticipated such a different temperature between Auckland and Wellington! I hadn't brought enough summer clothes to last the time! I also planned to take another jacket, aside from the blazer, but forgot, so another item would have probably been on the list!

I took the red skirt and black shorts along with pair of maroon and black tights, so that I could wear them in colder/warmer weathers. Turns out I didn't need them!


Please excuse the very pale legs! I had no idea that my legs were so untanned! Especially after a beautiful summer!

When I was younger I always thought that higher necklines on smaller chests just looked downright ugly (although my experience of higher necklines at that point was basically just turtlenecks, which I still don't find particularly attractive).

The red and white top in the last photo was one of the first tops that made me realise how attractive they can be. Although you can't see in that picture, the back of the top is actually scooped out at the back, giving a subtle hint of sexy without need to show too much of something I don't have! The other great thing about that particular top, is that at the back, although it has a low back, it is a wide scoop rather than a deep scoop, and so it's still very easy to wear a bra underneath.

One of my pet peeves is backless tops where women wear an ordinary bra underneath and you can see everything! I try to avoid low-backed tops/dresses unless they cover where a bra sits, otherwise they are just too much trouble (excluding for special occasions of course!)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment